Sasamat Volunteer Fire Department

Proudly serving Anmore and Belcarra

Text Box:

Our History

Text Box: The Sasamat Volunteer Fire Department (SVFD) was formally established at the end of 1976, and began operation in 1977 with the acquisition of a 1953 LaFrance Pumper Truck from the IOCO refinery for the sum of one dollar. 
The total capital budget for starting the fire department, which had to be borrowed through the GVRD, was limited to $150,000 which had to cover the cost of constructing the two fire halls and the purchase of the "new" 1978 Ford Pumper Truck! Needless to say, the fire halls and fire fighting equipment in the early years were "bare bones" at best.